Toronto Musicians Wanted
Orrett Music Academy
$24 - $32 an hour - Part-time
Orrett Music Academy is a now 1 year old, high-end professional academy in GTA (5m walk from Royal York Subway). Formally called "Alderwood School of Music", we have been in business under that name for 18 years.
As a part of our expansion into our large new facility we are enthusiastically looking to add to our team. We are seeking motivated professional instructors in many areas including: Voice (singing). You must be a versatile teacher capable of training students in a variety of methods as well as providing strong technical and practical training. You should have an excellent ear and ideally (but not essential) are able to accompany on piano or guitar at at least an intermediate level.
MANY STUDENTS ARE ALREADY ENROLLED AND AWAIT A WONDERFUL TEACHER!
Most of our courses are private one on one classes but teachers also have the chance to teach some of our group classes like Rock Band, Choir, Garage Band, run workshops, seminars etc.
Only resumes with cover letters will be accepted!
Please mention your comfort with working with very young children. Applicants must have either a post secondary degree in music and / or education or ECE diploma or at least 2 years experience working in music education.
Additional experience working with children (camps, coaching etc) is a major plus.
We are open Mondays to Thursdays (afternoons and evenings) and Saturdays (daytimes)
Ideal candidates are highly motivational, energetic, outgoing, motivational, and value highly on TEAM mindset to contribute to our already outstanding work environment.
Preference will be given to candidates who are free at least Tuesdays and Wednesdays which have the greatest current demand.
WHAT MAKES ORRETT MUSIC ACADEMY A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
- Gorgeous Facilities including: well equipped teaching rooms, staff kitchen, wifi and printing, whiteboards in every room, huge music library, photocopier, our own stage and mini-auditorium,
- Staff Socials!
- Minimum 3 hour shifts - regardless of enrolment / attendance (and typically shifts are longer)
- Walking distance from Royal York or Islington Subway stations and ample private parking
- Tons of natural light!
- A work atmosphere that encourages and fosters creativity, staff feedback, staff performance, and more.
- Opportunities for additional group teaching work and for promotion to Department Head etc
- Opportunity to help develop and/or influence curriculum for existing and new courses.
- Opportunities to put on performances with staff to inspire students
- We have an active social media presence and work hard to promote and celebrate our staff and students there and beyond.
Join our team! We are proud of nearly 20 years in the industry and can't wait to meet you!