Toronto Musicians Wanted
MODERN Piano Teachers needed at an inspiring academy!
Orrett Music Academy
$24 - $32 an hour - Part-time
Orrett Music Academy is a now 1 year old, high-end professional academy in GTA (5m walk from Royal York Subway). Formally called "Alderwood School of Music", we have been in business under that name for 18 years.
As a part of our expansion into our large new facility we are enthusiastically looking to add to our team. We are seeking motivated professional instructors in many areas including: MODERN PIANO. Modern means education and/or experience in jazz/pop/rock etc. You MUST be able to improvise, play by ear, read chord charts etc.
MANY STUDENTS ARE ALREADY ENROLLED AND AWAIT A WONDERFUL TEACHER!
Most of our courses are private one on one classes but teachers also have the chance to teach some of our group classes like Rock Band, Choir, Garage Band, run workshops, seminars etc.
Only resumes with cover letters will be accepted!
Please mention your comfort with working with very young children. Applicants must have either a post secondary degree in music and / or education or ECE diploma or at least 2 years experience working in music education.
Additional experience working with children (camps, coaching etc) is a major plus.
We are open Mondays to Thursdays (afternoons and evenings) and Saturdays (daytimes)
Ideal candidates are highly motivational, energetic, outgoing, motivational, and value highly on TEAM mindset to contribute to our already outstanding work environment.
Preference will be given to candidates who are free more than one day. Kindly include your availability and note that Mondays to Thursdays are approx 2-9 and Saturdays approx 10am-5pm (max)
WHAT MAKES ORRETT MUSIC ACADEMY A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
- Gorgeous Facilities including: well equipped teaching rooms, staff kitchen, wifi and printing, whiteboards in every room, huge music library, photocopier, our own stage and mini-auditorium,
- Staff Socials!
- Minimum 3 hour shifts - regardless of enrolment / attendance (and typically shifts are longer)
- Walking distance from Royal York or Islington Subway stations and ample private parking
- Tons of natural light!
- A work atmosphere that encourages and fosters creativity, staff feedback, staff performance, and more.
- Opportunities for additional group teaching work and for promotion to Department Head etc
- Opportunity to help develop and/or influence curriculum for existing and new courses.
- Opportunities to put on performances with staff to inspire students
- We have an active social media presence and work hard to promote and celebrate our staff and students there and beyond.
Join our team! We are proud of nearly 20 years in the industry and can't wait to meet you!